Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Brotherly Burden Bearing


I think like any other christian who has read of the word of God there stands several verses that either puzzle or tend to frustrate me. Heb 12:14 stands as one this morning. It states in summary that without holiness no one will see the Lord.

I am brought to this verse this morning as I have been wrestling with whether or not we should weigh personal holiness or brotherly love as a higher priority in our christian life. As of late my schedule has been stuffed full with meetings with guys( which I love and enjoy greatly), yet,as a result I haven't had much time to myself and my personal holiness because of lack of time spent in the word has led to several things I am not normally prone to be doing...I believe after some time in the word this morning though I can only do so much.I can't be meeting with 14 guys each week, do school have a girlfriend and maintain my relationship with God. I must learn to say no once again. Personal holiness and time with God is of a far greater necessity than anything else we do and leads us to be able to carry our brothers in Christ as well as allow the non believer to see Christ through what we say preach etc. The holiness and God-relationship aspect must be there or it all falls apart.

JG

No comments: