Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Simply Remembering

I was having a conversation with my mom the other day. She is finishing up writing this study on Isaiah currently and she read to me the beginning lines to her study.

Her God given introduction to this study got me thinking.

For a long while God has been telling me He is going to make all things new after all He has me in a place in my life where nothing is secure, steadfast or confident but Him alone.

I realized last night though that I have been focusing so much on this new that I forgot what has been already. I think this is a dangerous place to be for a Christian because if we are not willingly choosing to focus on what we were we will never really know what we have become or what God has done within us. This leaves God really no option but to bring to mind a remembrance of specific things through most often circumstance..

He is calling me to things that I should have actively sought out a long while ago but it is now through circumstance that I am to do these things.

It is the idea of a brick builder. How can you lay another stone if you know not where the foundation stone is or what stones are built already?

I forgot the location of my past.

It has always been below those bricks of the present.

Remember those who led you who spoke the word of God to you and considering the result of their conduct imitate their faith.
-Hebrew 13:7

In this new I have neglected much of what I see God now clearly saying.

He is calling me to understand that God is present through all of history not only the present.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever
-Hebrews 13:8

God wants me merely to recognize who He has been in order to know who He will still be even more so as I begin to truly see who He is.

I feel incredibly stupid and foolish that I find myself in this place…anyone else?

I write this not to say” oh look I’ve figured it out “cause if anything I have learned that I am stupid and am probably yet still not getting what God is teaching me.

But the beauty of it all is that we work out our faith it is not something we merely arrive at.

So tonight I write amazed at all God is doing that He waits in His prefect will to do what He is doing and never ceases to act within His nature. Revealing more and more about himself as we enter into the deepest of friendships with this God It is all laid out precisely as He would have it…in perfection.

We should not really wonder about the timing of it all. God has that covered.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive