Sunday, August 07, 2005

Weeds

It is amazing, and sometimes I hate it, that my mind can take the simplest things and relate them to the most deep philisophical truth that I could possibly think of. Today I took the analogy of a garden way too far. In Real Life today we talked about the fact that relationships are like gardens and that they need to maintained. But I saw the analogy and did not think of relationships I thought of what a wreck our garden was in and the many weeds in the yard. Why? I have no idea. My mind wanders. So anyway I ended up spending probably five hours outside doing one thing, pulling weeds and mowing. And my mind wandered again to how sin is like a weed. And I said sin is like a weed because it takes a lot of time to get rid of and if you don't take time every day to take care of the yard of your life it begins to sneak back in. But I realized that we don't sin because it is an unmanagable problem. It's the fact that oh wait we're lazy and bored and very boring people and we don't look at our lives on a daily level and say this needs to be plucked out. We need to think more than we are doing. One other thing that I realized today was that without my computer I can get so much more done than with it. The culture we live in doesn't lend itself to really doing something with our lives. Why? who knows but I like at the end of the day saying wow that looks good and I did something. So my word of advice is do something with your day without your computer so that you can look whatever it is and say, I did something with my hands today that was constructive.

No comments:

Blog Archive