Sunday, September 02, 2007

A God Who Does Not Leave Things Broken (Thoughts on Year 1 of Many)

There are moments where I feel completely overwhlemed.

Where my lack of faith gets in the way of me trusting.

Where the soul somehow feels like it is many. Tonight was one of those nights...Tonight I needed someone to cry with. Someone to rejoice with.

There has been much chiseling of my heart that has taken place in this past year. So much redemption. Yet so infinitely much more to go. I find myself utterly overwhlemed by it all.

Today Elise and I celebrated our one year anniversary. It was such a blessing to spend the day with her and reflect on all that God has done.

How truly steep and treacherous the path was that we embarked upon.

I find myself struck by the fact that our God does not leave things broken.

All the tears. All the heart searching. All that he has done. I stand speechless and in awe.

I praise God for being nothing less than Himself. More than I could ever dream or imagine.

This is the God I desperatley desire to serve with Elise by my side.

The path will only grow more difficult, I have no doubt, but God will make himself known in it all.

Here's to year one of many...

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive