Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Though, You Slay me

It is funny how reading over your own words has the power to affect us in such a powerful intimate way as it does. My own words next to scripture seem to be a great and only comfort in this dreadful and wonderful summer God has been bringing me through.

My own humanity and flesh made apparent by this time spent in my words led by the spirit and scriptures inspired by the HOLY spirit makes this time a very difficult sobering and very honest one.

I found myself comforted by the words penned by Isaiah and habbakuk last night:

"Do not tremble and do not be afraid; have I not since long announced it to you and declared it?"

"Look at the nations and watch- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

When I forget what God has prepared me for I loose the whole greater thing that God is doing.

My roomate was saying something that was quite prophetic in nature the other night. Demons like to make us forget about certain things that would allow our faith to swing to the side of emotional rather than based on the intimate truth God reveals to each one of us.

God has prepared me for all that He is bringing me into. When I sit reflect and read the seven journals documenting this christian life they all point to a preperation for this. I cannot deny that!

I was sitting a month ago in my driveway with my dearest christian brother in his car. I was tellling him about what God was doing in regards to Elise at the time. He said something quite profound at that time.

" John, this is far greater than a mere miracle, God has been preparing you for a far greater thing one in which your faith will be perfected, What God is about to do will change everything in your life, He will no longer be God but He will be the God who did this... ."

When I forget all this when I get overwhlemed by the present and loose sight of the God of the ages I loose everything.

" You know, Lord that I will obey because I know the things you have for me to do are for my benefit. Who You are is undeniable if only I would bare those things to the forfront of my mind. The task before me is not easy, Lord you know this. My head and heart are a muck. I am fully weak apart from You.I echo job's words, "though You slay me I will trust in you...this will be my salvation." You are my hope You are my joy. My only one.

You know I reside where the devil has lived since the most distant age. But you are the God who has dwelt in and amoung us since the dawn of our birth. Satan has made his throne in this world and the prospect of Your narrow path is a treachorous and a dangerous one contrary to the very soils and foundations of this Earth.

Lord may the narrow path be filled with joy. May I honor you in obedience in preperation for those things you have for me.I love you, Lord, Sweetest Jesus "

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive