Monday, February 04, 2008

Attempt at Summary

I fear if I do not write now…it probably will be a long while before I sit down and actually write something.

I could probably start with my trip down to LA to go to the Passion Conference. How in the city I feel strangely at home. How I find more enjoyment by sharing pizza with the homeless than anything else I have ever done. How I gain more by staying in the ghetto than in the safest of places. How I have learned that scripture alone speaks more than all other things. And God’s grace speaks equally if not louder. But I feel all really needs to be said about such a weekend is God is not allowing His name to be belittled, this is I find phenomenal.

I could probably start and explain how God has been redefining my idea of worship ministry. How He has taught me about the difficulties men have in approaching God and declaring their love for Jesus. How He has taught me to create an atmosphere where God can speak in the whisper and yet we declare God as He is as well . How I have learned that worship can no longer simply be about music but need to be just as much about justice. How He has taught me the greater gift I can give God’s people is the wisdom He has graced me with. But honestly I don’t know how to even attempt such a redefinition so I will let that come in it’s entirety at a later date.

I could probably start and talk about a new calling I feel led to participate in and how everything I once new has been thrown out the window and God has begun as He does making all things new! But that too…I would do it such an injustice at this time.

I could probably start with a desire to pray more and more and how prayer is what holds the world together: this driving beautiful relationship and conversation/intimate encounter between God and man.

I could talk about architecture and culture and how these are tied. About housing and how one can totally flip everything upside down and make a culture lend itself to believing God to be as Big as He is. But what is knowledge and action without God going before us in it? NOTHING is done!

Know I probably will not write here for a while .I feel my time spent here is changing. So until my fingers would move and dance to create words out of clicks and clacks…I bid you all a temporary farewell and pray that God may richly showcase Himself :He who knows no beginning or end.

To His Glory alone,
JG

No comments: