Friday, February 01, 2008

Honesty at 1AM

Life is busy and hectic. This has not changed. To be honest I am beginning to tire and even despise these 20 hr days. There is a necessity for rest in life.

And as these days march so effortlessly on I've found myself more and more in realization of how incredibly aweful this flesh is inside of me. Things that I would have said I would have conquered a long time ago...well...they still are there. When I do not have sabbath and rest in my life they pop up.

Today I was thinking of quitting my job, yelling at my roomate, kicking stuff, crying into my pillow and saying goodbye to anything church related. It was a rough and aweful day.

Yet despite that fact the Spirit of God still testifies within me that God is doing a great work in this place. I cling to this because, He is. I may be too low to the ground from running so long to see currently but I know He is sovereign still.

To His glory alone,
JG

2 comments:

Elise said...

I think you should know that those things in your life have been conquered by Jesus and His power both in you and through you...but it is in those times when we are defeated in so many different ways that Satan brings those struggles back in another attempt to push us further down. You have conquered. You have overcome. Jesus has done and continues to do His work in You. Stand on that rather than the lies Satan is telling you otherwise.

I'll talk to you more soon.

A. Kate Reynolds said...

I'm praying for you, little brother. We got your check last night. You're pretty awesome yourself.
Take joy! He has overcome the world, even our hearts!
I love you. Keep pressing onward.