Thursday, February 21, 2008

To Simply Stop

The first words are always the hardest. They always are. They always are!

As often I write here” there is no way I can write it ALL!”

For a while now I have not written much, infact I flat out haven’t written anything.

I have been so preoccupied and consumed as of late. Infact I really hadn’t stopped till I went to Seattle this past week. I finally got my Sabbath when I met God in the city.

There is this place in Seattle called Pike Place Market, it is where musicians perform and Seattleites buy produce and other handcrafted things, the place intrigued me.

There was this man playing his fiddle there one of the days.

I am a couple days removed now but I think I finally get why I was so captivated. This man was playing his fiddle still and beautiful even though the world around him buzzed hummed and scuffed by.

It was as if the world was still for just a moment when I heard the music he was playing.

It was a remarkable thing.

But I think the thing that I find so remarkable is the fact that this man in many respects is what I desire to be.

I am so tossed here and there as of late. I need to remember to gaze into the eyes of Jesus and learn to play my fiddle and let all of this simply be still although it is chaotic and crazy.

This quarter more than any other I have been literally unraveled to the very core of the honest me one who can’t manage everything gracefully at all. There is a new understanding in realizing just simply to stop.

No comments: