Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Different Trail

It's funny when God wants me to go be still before him in the hills he has the most peculiar way of telling me. Yesterday morning God spoke through my friend with a simple question "what is you favorite page( referring to the newly released SLO Parks and Recreation schedule)"

See my roomates and I have this tradition in my house here in SLO, when a new person visits our house we have them read " I am a puppy" and we ask them what is there favorite page in the book. My friend thought it would be good to ask me my favorite page again since I was feeling a little overwhelmed that morning.

I picked the very last page where the puppy is curled up in the doggy bed by the fire. Needless to say I realized from that I needed to just rest and be still before God( which means I needed to go hiking soon).

But to confirm such a thing my friend hands me the SLO parks and recreation schedule and tells me to pick my favorite page...it happened to be the one with all those peaks and hills I haven't climbed and where the trail heads are located.

So I figured I would do something new for a change instead of hiking the same old trails. I rode my bike to the new trailhead this morning, then spent the next five or so hours hiking and being still before God in the hills.

Maybe later on this week after I process some I will get to what God taught me up there but I need to get back to "life" for now.

To His Glory alone,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive