Monday, April 21, 2008

Love was the White Flower


I was telling a friend over lunch how I am finding how prone to judgement I am. I do not love people well, actually scratch that, I fail miserably short when I compare my actions to the words that Jesus spoke.

I know so much but I am finding I truly don't know much of it at all when it comes to loving people. I tend to expect perfection out of people especially those who God includes in his household of faith. My friend the one I has lunch with today asked me "doesn't got delight in their failing attempt though?" With all the biblical knowledge I have I couldn't say no the answer was "yes" God doesn't care if we get it right or wrong he just cares that we love Him with our whole hearts.

I tell everybody "God doesn't expect perfection he expects progress" but I am finding myself realizing these next words "and he works with people"The whole thing finally hit me.

I can be so prone to judge God's church yet the fact remains that a majority of them are trying. It is shattered and broken yes but if my words break before my heart does it profits them nothing. We get caught up in labeling things as black and white but perhaps their is a gray known as attempt that God delights in.

I must realize all my life I have found God through my intellect and mind and because of such a thing I am very easily prone to become like the Pharisees that I despise and judge way to quickly.

I am prone to forget that God has my back and He loves me...He does! Our sovereign majestic beautiful God. I can pause on that and rejoice in that.

To His Glory alone,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive