Thursday, October 09, 2008

Peter and Pride


I have a lot of time on my hands as of late mainly due to the fact I am used to having structural engineering added to my coursework as long as twice as much lab-work for architecture, likewise am used to working around 8 or so hours a week. None of those things are added to my schedule this quarter. I don't know what to do with myself. 

I feel like I suander most of the time away and am crippled by the entire days to sit in God's presence and reflect and pray. I have been doing a lot of reading though...I have been visiting ccel.org and reading some extra cannonical texts that is those books that were not originally included in what we read in the present day bible but were considered by the Council of Nicea. 

I was reading an interesting one the other day I think it was called the revelation of Peter. It pointed out something that  I am coming to realize more and more each day. I think watchman Nee puts it well:

"God deals with our lives... in order to help us understand ourselves. We realize the hardest lessons to learn is that of knowing oneself- to appreciate how corrupt, empty, sinful, and void of good one is. This lesson has to be absorbed throughout life."
-Watchman Nee

We are still in part flesh and humbleness needs to be in our hearts as Christians...see man is so full of pride and Peter knew this probably more than any one else in the Apostles. God reveals himself in the intimate ways as he oftentimes does and The revelation of peter captures this truth very well. But if you are against extra-cannonical texts look at John 21 and how Jesus rebukes "captain foot in the mouth."

We are so full of pride and we come to better terms with that each and every day we live the sanctified life.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive