Friday, October 24, 2008

I hate introductions. Let’s just get to the point.

I have a Christian brother who can’t control himself in regards to a certain addiction…it is consuming him. He can’t stop. He sent me an email today and my heart just broke.

If there is no desire to run away from sin and a desire to stop it…what do I do with that especially with a Christian brother. Do I sit by idly til he hits rock bottom and God restores him fully regarding this certain issue or do I try like many in our culture do and try to cover his heart condition with elaborate pageantry and lies which avoid the true issues.Do I not associate with him as 1 Corinthians 5:11 says.
But now I am writing to you to stop associating with any so-called brother if he is sexually immoral, greedy, an idolater, a slanderer, a drunk, or a robber. You must even stop eating with someone like that.
Cause if I followed that model I don't think there would be much christian community because many "so called" christians have one or more of these issues going on. We'd all be forced to deal with some deep sin issues alone, which perhaps is what many of us need to do. The beauty is He meets us in the aloneness and is willing to help us along the path toward a deeper holiness we just need to place ourselves there.

My heart grieves and is pained to see that one has to hit utter disparity alone in order to understand grace a little more fully and truly have a heart’s desire change to turn to God in obedience and love. It’s so painful to see. Yet I know it is worth it.

So My prayers and the cries of my heart go out tonight to such brother. May God alone change your heart in response to Love. The one love that is worth every bit of self-sacrifice.

To His Glory alone,
JG

1 comment:

Colin said...

But I'm coming to realize that all we really need is a will to survive and the means too. Friends for one give us the will to survive, parents often times push us with their plans for our lifes, ambition, and also normally provide the needs to live. But I want to focus on the frend thing, because it dawned on me today as i was eating a burrito, a chipotle burrito for all those Cali people best burrito in the world, and sitting and talking for probably three hours that our life isn't really made for being alone. Inside everyone is a person who loves people the company, the comfort, and the caring. I don't really remember any signifigant part of my life without my friends. Friends are those people that help us grow and move along in this thing called life and most of all they give us the will to live. If it wasn't for people investing in our lives where would we be. I know for me and a couple other people I know that if it wasn't for friends we would have killed ourselves along time ago. So don't give up on your friends, spend time with them and learn from them. Live life together. I am trying to manage three or four different groups of people spending time etc. and yah it takes a lot of effort but it is so rewarding, you have no idea. Friends will fill you with a joy and vibrance that nothing else can do. Live life to it's fullest but most importantly with friends.

Blog Archive