Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chains around my Heart

It always amazes me how simple life is when I'm up there on that mountain. How the stillness silence and serenity seem to calm every anxiety I haul up there.

Today I must have brought a caravan up that mountain with me, dragging along with it my heart and mind weighed down by so many things I was never meant to carry .But when I was up there, it was finally just me. No caravan. Just me.

On my way up I found these modern day cisterns. I imagine they were used for some Cal Poly infrastructure project at one point but they were no longer used by anyone only the remanants remained: steel tension chains, tarp, and wood. It was fitting though for me to see today of any day to see the reality of myself echoed in those empty cisterns.

I learned a lot today, positioning myself in a place where God was able to invade my heart in the most intimate of ways. He whispered things that almost sounded like secrets but they were simply just words of love whispered in my ears. Letting me see things as they are and responses birthed out of such knowledge.

There are chains around my heart that still have yet to be loosed and unlocked. My heart is ready to overflow it needs merely be unlocked and unchained...the enemies that have invaded the lands around me heart need to be located and killed.

Looks like its time to go to war and rescue my heart.
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive