Monday, November 17, 2008

An end to the "perfect war"

If Silence were to speak unhindered this day what would she say?
Would her knowledge reveal a new way
What you my love have found?
Could it be: this sparkle that I see in your eye?
What I Truly believe to be and see?

A Hope for a thing in ruins?
Treasures on a map once reserved for the watery deeps?
Like the butterflies
Who have become ladders to the sky

Everything that I have seen written before me
A heart overflowing in Hallelujah!
Joining in with those who have come before!

Would a fool be put to shame by such things?
A righteous man be blessed to have a heart that would skip a beat?

Perhaps words will defy this new hallelujah!
And such an unnatural grace would bring me to my knees

When I see you in Your fullness in her eyes
When you hear the subtle inflections in my voice
And the melody of this new song I sing

Know sweet stillness your time has come
Drowning out
Calling forth from watery deeps

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive