Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Worth a Thousand Words


Elise sent me an email tonight. She does that. I like them. She reminded me about what happened last year at the time. We have a pretty accurate electronic database known as the blog to consult for such inquiries. It's always interesting to look back on.

But before Elise gave me the perfect opener to this blog I was thinking about how pictures film and other forms of capturing a moment do so so effectively. They define an infinite wonderful thing and are a great reminder to us looking back.

I found myself walking back from my midterm tonight and thought about this idea of capturing the beauty of God in our abilities and talents and was led to the thought of how God might use my gifts and abilities being an artistic creative person. I can only capture in a sense what I see around me and make it into a beautiful tangible thing. I only capture the shadow never the full light.

So I was thinking tonight...it would be a great idea to photograph the bible just like we photograph life. Take a bible verse that is so intimate to us and make it into a photograph.

Just a thought.

I like that thought. I think I've in a sense already been doing it...

To His glory alone,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive