Friday, March 27, 2009

Update on the 8019 project

So it's been a while since I updated here on the 8019 Project, no new videos this time. Sorry, I know they were entertaining and awesome but alas I do not have my video camera with me or a wide angle lens for it so this update will have to be simply pictures and text.

As we last left off on the basement construction adventure, little did I know that between framing, electrical/ duct work, hanging the drywall and there being a room done/ livable much work needed to still be done. There is a lot more that goes into the completion of a room, than I really thought or understood!

I spent a lot of my Christmas break preparing Bedroom #2 and The Recording Studio so that while I was at school these past three month they might be completed and the basement project could enter its next phase of construction during spring break while I was home applying for summer architectural internships at local Denver firms. And believe it or not both are now done. See for yourself!

Currently the bedroom is occupied with extra storage. So technically it is just a storage room but work with me.

Likewise the studio too is now done. It is awaiting unpacking but you can see it is already taking shape!

In our problem solving for the solution to the headache of the where to put all the great room stuff we devised a great idea for storage. Why not finish out the furnace room and make it a sports equipment room as well.

And believe it or not with those three storage areas / another empty non finished bedroom/ bathroom the great room is empty/ workable now.


I'm not quite sure how much will get done over the next three months while I am away but I imagine when I get back the great room may be done! What a thought!

JG

1 comment:

Landon Friend said...

this comment has nothing to do w/ this blog but check out this one...He is a volunteer at Mars Hill and does a lot of their design stuff...

http://www.mattaebersold.net/blog/