Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Unexpected, Undeserved Grace and Love

I continue to be amazed and utterly overwhelmed by what God is doing in my heart.

How when I am honest with myself, I am stripped to a core of my self that I have not seen for a while.

And, I could be so easily distracted by the lack of responsibility and the even mindedness that seem to have vanished as if I never had such qualities in the first place. But I think perhaps a real heart is being birthed in this season. And this morning I am choosing to focus on that.

Last night I took a walk in the heavy down pour. I had finished most of my work for today. I decided to go out because I wanted to go encourage some guys who were staying up late in their various architecture studios.

I think I am learning how to love.

I could so easily say "I never had that in my own life" and get so bogged down by that lack in my own life that I miss out on the gifts I could give; but to simply love others in the most creative most meaningful ways has such a beauty about it.

I hope we can learn as christians to extend to someone the incredible unexpected undeserved grace and love that we ourselves experienced through Christ.

We learn more in those moments than in all if not most others.

JG

No comments: