Sunday, March 29, 2009

In Death There is Life

For here in the winter wilderness lies,
A Wall, cracked broken and remnants meeting the dust of the ground:
a reminder of the flood that came

And there is hope, that an undercurrent can destroy a mighty wall
leaving ruins of what once was and truly remain rubble for the many years to come

A restful rubble of hope and testament
to the years He and I fought to bring them down
to make a new path and passage through.

The individual stones now scattered,
from all my rampage,
the little lies I now know to despise

And all the time I was looking for You
But you weren't who I thought you were
you were unexpected mysterious and captivating

I built the wall and am finding all the while you were tearing it down
All the while protecting me from my own wicked heart
All the while I was not letting your life grow

And with my defenses down
I am finally taking the breath of life I was meant to all along!
With my body lying face down in the rubble and dust that I was always meant to breathe.

In death there is life.

-JG

No comments: