Saturday, July 30, 2005

100 views, 2 years of worship, & The perfect pair of jeans

So my blog number tally thing says 100 right now so I guess I should probably say something profound because apparently people enjoy my blogs or something. But all I have to say is that I have nothing today to say. I'm beginning on a journey that takes me into uncharted territory. I no longer have to lead worship for my youth group on sunday and I think for once in my life I have Saturday evening all to myself . Instead of spending an hour or two planning worship I can devot it to other things. It's interesting, I feel like I'm actually on vacation. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed planning and organizing worship and playing sunday morning but it is time that I begin a new phase of my life that involves less serving in that area. See I've been doing it for the past two years and it is exhausting. Worship no longer becomes an easy thing to do you have to not worship by singing but by living it out, living your life in such a way that you put God before all things. And eventually a christian gets to that point in their life that they no longer live for themselves but for God and his purpose. With me it really happened about 6 months into my two years of leading worship. I began to understand that I was not getting rest and joy from just singing and playing music for God. Shocking, especially for a person who enjoys music as much as me. I began to find that the only way I felt that feeling when I worshipped in singing for the first time was when I began to serve God and honor him with my life. And what I'm beginning to understand is that when I don't serve God and don't honor him I don't feel that same feeling inside. I guess that is the spirit working in me. It's like the perfect pair of jeans I found today. They are a little worn out like the state of my spirit in serving God on Sunday mornings. They are a stonewash but fading which is the state of my heart. The once hard "stone heart" memory lays in my mind but is fading to the ever wondeful love of God and the wonderful plan for my life. Night to all, hope to see you all soon. To my friends you're the best and I am going to miss you so much when I or we go our seperate ways. Know you're in my prayers.

No comments:

Blog Archive