Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Meaningful

I was thinking today why we can't seem to have any meaningful conversations. We meet new people but why must we have small talk. I mean small talk its good with a new person your just meeting but isn't it to get to know them. But can't you learn more about a person by how they can or can't engage in an actual meaningful converstion. That's is one thing I really enjoy in my friends the fact that they get straight to the point they will be open with you and that way your not just talking about surface stuff. I feel sometimes that we as a society don't know how to hold a conversation we don't know how to express ourselves. And that sucks because if you think there are so many people in the world, each one with a unique story, and it tears me up inside the fact that we will never get the chance to really see people for who they are and not be able to really help them becuase they don't know how to be open. So lord I pray tonight that you would help people be open with who they really are I pray people will be open with me. It's funny that in the bible there are opposites but the thing that most surprised me is that the opposite of evil is not good. It is truth. We as christians should fight evil with truth, being open no matter what happens. Jesus is the truth and the life no one comes to the father but through him. Jesus is truth. Be truthful don't lie tell people what is really going on.

No comments:

Blog Archive