Saturday, July 30, 2005

Ashwaganda, Ginseng, & Astragalus

It amazes me how when I turn over some food or drink and look at what is in it there are so many ingredients that pretty much I have no idea what are. Many things that apparently are good for you. And it got me thinking how often times we just need to trust in the fact that perhaps those people who are older and wiser then us actually know what they're talking about and perhaps can help us out.
And I was also thinking yesterday about how rediculous we as Americans are. See I have been shopping a lot lately, and I have been in three or four old navys in the past week and they all had the same merchandise for the most part but they had more of the things that people would buy in those areas. And I was thinking about how we really don't need any of these things in the Old Navys or department stores because pretty much they are just excess. And then I looked at my closet and realized wow I have a lot of stuff that I really didn't need to buy. But I am asking myself the question why do we as a society buy more than what we need? Why do we add things to drinks that we can't pronounce? The only answer I can come up with is it's all to give life a little bit of color as one might say. It makes things interesting and shows each person's personality and hopefully a little bit of individuality. That's is why there are so many choices in the world, because we like variety and showing what we like. And that's cool but I still think we need to find a balance between excess and being too uniform and being too unique. I don't know my thoughts are very scattered and my minds trying to mash them all up and make sense out of them. I don't think it's working too well, anyway I'm out.

No comments:

Blog Archive