Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rise and Fall



I am always amazed at the way life seems to be busy one moment and completely stopped at others. It seems to rise and fall like a skillful symphony. However... it seems very choppy to me though for a symphony.But what do I know about the way the "symphony should be played."

I make this observation because I found it odd that I worked for about 4 straight days to be done with a huge model only to find because of the 4 or 5 so all nighter kids my lab professor decided to push the critique back a day. I am by no means complaining, I just find it interesting that I have 8 hours of free time when for the past 4 I have had none. About such matters I am observing that this thing known as life is a bit rough on the transitions .

Elise was commenting the other day how some trees have the ability to bloom over night here . What gives the tree this ability? How do these things have the ability to change amazingly quick? to grow?to change?What lesson do the trees have to teach us?

Here are the thoughts I have come to...I think like the tree every day has the ability to in a sense be new and different and we can deal with it. However, we must make each day what it is based on the ability of how much we are willing to grow, change, and adapt to the given new circumstance. Of all the seasons I have had in my life. I think the most important thing I have learned is that you really need to get over this whole change thing. I hate the whole fact we as an american culture are afraid to grow up. Our wants and desires far outweigh the benifit beyond the need.I look most recently at past quarter and the lack of ability to change and my wants and desires and how it crippled me. And now I come to realize that God alone "the desire" of my heart was all I needed, that took skillful surgery and some pounding to get into my head. I refused to deal with the things that truly needed to be dealt with.

If I simply would have looked at the trees...I would have seen and learned.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive