Friday, April 13, 2007

The Lord's Candle



We glimpse, we see, we listen, we wait. The lofty breeze runs through the tall grass. We stand, we see, we listen, we wait. The rustle in the grass beckons the change. WE proclaim, we see, we listen, we wait. the ripple of pages rip the scattered lines. WE proclaim we see, we listen, we wait.

God swept me off my feet once again as I got the chance to spend really all weekend in the hills. On friday spending time in the hills around Cal Poly and on Saturday spending time in the Hills near Bakersfield.

I remember being on a rock overlooking a valley and God asked this question "why John are you here? Why have you climbed physically exhausted to this place, and why does it take a silent place for you to feel and find me"God asked me this question along with a few other that I perhaps may mention at a later date..

God encouraged me greatly this weekend by reassuring me that what He wants to get done will get done. He showed me once again that but also something I think I had forgotten amidst searching for something greater.My mentor back home said something profound one of the nights I was leading worship " we can only move forward upon our knees." God brought me back to this this weekend that we can only proceed humbly. That there must be an authentic view of self. That the heart must be molded and naturally flowing out holiness and goodness.

I wrote a song back at man time while we were up at Hume I think it should be republished here in regards to what happened this weekend. God heard my cry for authenticity that night and answered it this weekend at mens' retreat. Men were being real with one another confessing sins and proceeding forth on their knees not in a battlelike cry. It was beautiful...in the manliest way possible. Here are the words I penned at man time...

Oh the great multitude of confession
that weighs against my soul
in the evening of my momentary weaknesses
in my lack of strength, that peirces in this cold

and to find myself once again entagled in your grace
knowing I am nothing apart from you

Oh the great necessity for repentance
that yearns within my soul
in my words exhorting the Spirit
in this moment giving glory to the King

and to find once again I am entagled in Your grace
knowing I am nothing apart from you
and to find myself once again in full assurance
knowing you are surely faithful to do and be true

oh that You might grant us Your desire
that You alone have made

oh grant us grace to pursue Your face
grant us the grace to see and do
oh that we might desire Your heart
grant us Your desire...

All I can write here is that God is God and He is acting quite Godlike and never ceases to be that way. He is doing great works in his Sons and in His daughters, making them more and more like Him. And giving them authority by Truth and Authenticity. It is wonderful and very encouraging to see. May we all proceed forward on our knees.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive