Monday, May 14, 2007

Christian Revival and Riot


This whole week struck me as very strange.Anyone else?

I don't know if any one caught it but I but it seemed God was booking it to get a few things done within His people. It seems ever since I wrote a while ago every day seems to be full of stuff to do, full of ordained conversations and there is very little down time to simply blog or get some nappage in, read a book etc.

As best as I can tell, on the large scale, Satan is trying to distract and God is giving the oppurtunity for His children to rise up and proclaim His name in almost every facet of everything. It is a wonderful oppurtunity presented but I beg the question what will "we" do with it?Will we get distracted by our enemy or fix our eyes on the only constant, our lord Jesus!?!

Just something to think about.

Anyways though that is not the reason I write. I wanted to mention here what I have been dwelling on for quite a while now...I was listening to Jaeson Ma a while back. I heard his heart for the first time that night. He said something quite profound...

"wherever Jesus went He either started a riot or a revival."

Think about that for a moment...

We are supposed to be a mini Jesus to our surroundings. Why then are there no riots on a daily basis? Why no revivals every moment a "christian" speaks?

I mean it is a good question to be asking for something that I would be willing to give my life for...

This is not the first time I have thought such things...I ask this a lot and I understand the lost when they say " why would I want to be a part of something that looks just like everything else? Good question, I wouldn't looking at the state of the church. When someone says that to me I say to them look to Jesus not those redeemed...there is a disconnect there anybody else see that.

The way we conduct ourselves as believers is worth much tears and frustration. Somehow we have become complacent within the christian circles. We take our example from the world rather the bible. We look more to a role model than Jesus. We don't look at who God is correctly and in turn as Romans 1 tells us "professing to be wise become fools."

I mean read your bible people. Paul in Romans praises the church there for being a place where the gospel was going out to all nations. Is the gospel circling the globe? Is it circling our nation? Are lives being changed within our state by this message that is truth? Are people in our immediate circumstance seeing Jesus in each one of us, people willing to start revivals and riots?

One of my good firends kicked non christians out of his house to have a solid fellowship of Christians next year. Did they see Jesus in him? Another one of my friends is leaving the christian community he was in because each side did not pursue community in the way it was supposed to look like. Did He see Jesus in his christian brothers? And then one of my roomates is finding there is no community in the non christian world besides the drinking parties etc. Is there any hope of a christian community that is true and what God wanted from the begining?

I do hope so!

I bring this up not to blame people...that is the furthest thing from what the issue needs. God will do what he desires to get done Job assures us of that. But we need to work on this!

I have seen bits and pieces of when a christian community is doing what it is supposed to... it is something truly wonderful. I pray to that end.

This past weekend I felt my first earthquake on Elise and I's date. It was the most pathetic excuse for an earthquake I had seen! I want the ground to be shook because physical manifistations of the spiritual plane are coming into the present! I want the Lord's name to be Hallowed and his kingdom come! In every matter of everthing!

Long Live Jesus. In his Name I write all these things,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive