Monday, May 21, 2007

The footsteps of the Almighty

Each year in its process becomes another so effortlessly... time progresses... and leaves us breathless at its scurried pace. Another year gone ... So quickly.

I sit tonight at the edge of another year passing. It may be a months breath away but I know it will pass and not slow down ...Time has a way of doing that. Life is in full motion.

Tonight I praise God that He gives moments such as these where we are compelled to dream the impossible: slow down time itself and reflect in a finite moment on the infinite. We can focus on God himself, waves become still, every breath becomes a beautiful deep breath, every tear is as real and honest as the first. It is in these moments why I remember why I cling to the only thing that is unwavering.

Time is. A wrecking ball. An avalance. Tsunami. We sing to God though because he passes by. Calms the waves. Stops the unstoppable. Shelters us in the overwhelming.

If God has taught me anything this year it would be this: If we dare defy what we already know we will certainly miss what is coming. God in His nature wills all. He loves us. We are redeemed. We are the delight of the Father. He walks by us every moment. God is God and nothing less. Everything He calls us to is for our benifit to makes our heart enter into what it was tuned in birth to resonate with. Do not cease to praise because times are hard.

I have learned this as well:The footsteps of the Almighty are hushed unless you lie close to the ground. He has willed marvelous ways. We are called to be observant. To hear the king of the heavens decrees.

Tonight my thoughts are scattered but my hearts eyes are fixed. May he fix my heart to hear better the hush of His beautiful footsteps.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive