Saturday, May 05, 2007

Lessons from the Whirlwind


There is something mysterious about God how He can give us such peace in times of such adversity. Give us moments of sweetest joy when everything else falls apart. How he is as Job talks about: the God who makes men walk barefoot who "though He slay" us,we "will hope in Him" because He is the "Redeemer" who when we see our" heart faints within" because we "know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted"

This is the God I serve the all powerful, ever King, uncomprehensible, indescribable "Light of Light, very God of very God" God whom is nothing less than everything we could ever dream of the one who fulfills our inmost desire.

I have been reading through Job for a while now and spending some time in meditation on it.After a week or so of doing this I come to this thought: I am amazed to find how I am so " prone to wander, Lord I feel it/ prone to leave the God I love." How I forget so often to look at the all encompassing character of God . Focusing on one aspect and losing sight of the bigger picture. As Tozer writes " afraid to whisper mystery," I am so quick to say God if you love me everything will go wonderful. Forgetting the whole time that God is not my soldier, He is my commander.

We can never instruct God. One wise man wrote in Job 37:1 " at this my heart trembles and leaps from its place" There is a paradox and a mystery in this that on one side it scares us to think we are not in control, yet it is as we are" lost for words, so lost in love, sweetly broken, wholly surrendered." There is an utter peace that comes from God himself when we finally realize that it is not us who controls God. He is the untamable Lion. As Lucy in Narnia puts it though 'He is good."

My prayer for you that read this is this: that God may fully instruct you that though adversity comes there is no reason to grow weary and tired. God called peter the Rock " and upon this I will build my church." God's showcase of who He is is built on people such as Peter. Those people that are strong when everything else is crumbling. God is constant, there is no reason to doubt God to be who He is He is ever the same. May we put our foundation deep within His steadfastness and who He is ever reminded He is the same" yesterday today and forever" -Hebrews 13:8

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive