Thursday, October 25, 2007

Architectural update: ReRouting a River/ Changing the direction in the Compass


I think it is rather amusing that I rarely post about architecture and what I do with and within the many hours I spend in lab, it is a rather big part of my life at least time wise. But gaining in importance as I pursue this degree and what God has with it. So here are the first *five weeks work: enjoy :)

For those who don't know I am an architecture student at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. It's ranked second in the nation as far as best schools for such a thing. So the fact I got in three years ago was a miracle. There's more to that but I need not say anmmore about it.

I am in my third year now.

Basically to sum up these past years , God keeps changing the direction of my compass regarding what He wishes me to do with such a degree.






Currently we have been working on a cultural museum for the Chumash people. Unlike normal design classes this project may actually get built. It's been a little more work than these past years because we have an actual client and developer we are working with.

For a long time I thought God had me going to Asia to so mission work with my desree. He's been changing that.

God's heart is for all . All of the world. ALL.ALL.ALL

That's the message of the bible. Jew and Gentile. All the nations.

It goes back to John 3. God loved the world so much...ALL THE WORLD!



And God loves America too believe it or not.

And if I am to effectively do mission work within the course of study God has chosen for me it will involve embracing things that America has. The native americans, the growing hispanic population, the broken down chuch in America:God is currently mind you actually fixing it,baseball etc.

And I find as the prospect of next year dawns as i continue in this major etc. and God keeps redirecting my compass that my heart joins in God's for all the world but more so what I have around me.Embracing relational ministry. NOt an easy minsitry field but one that will develop my faith far better than taking the easy way out.

I was walking through the university the other day just looking at all these students who do not know Jesus as their first love and my heart simply broke.

It has been happening more and more as of late.

My heart is for America. Weird!



I see tangible things like 80 accepting christ at a magic show 30 coming to know Christ through facebook a couple more a few weekends back. God is redeemming a nation and strangely giving me a heart for it. Changing the universtiy student's heart towards a US nation.

Back in Isaiah 45 it talks about a Persian leader name Cyrus who rerouted a river to sneak into the walls of Babylon and in so doing murdered the king and brought an end to the greatest empire the world had seen. Wouldn't that be cool if God's people did the same thing.

I do hope, actually scratch that. God is rerouting such a thing as that river and He is ushering in the new kingdom a kingdom where He alone rules not us. I pray to that end.

There is in the scriptures things about a last great revival. I think it is the dawn of such a thing.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive