Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fixing a broken thing: lonely people

I am home! My home in Colorado that is. I arrived this afternoon and have had sufficient time to relax do laundry eat etc.

I get to spend the next week relaxing...meditating etc.!

Home highlights what God has done within me. It is a strange thing to know people who have been through it all see all and heard all about you your life etc. from the very beginning.

And this one thing that strikes me so is that we are really bad at developing these types of relationships the ones that are of the long type. I was eating lunch today in a local bbq place and the thought struck me 'sports ruin relationships.' It's a crazy thing many men take the easy way out in developing relationships.

I remember a week ago one of my good guy friends stopped by and it dawned on me that our friendship will never be the same :our friendship has changed and will never look like the one I have with my best friend. I look at the relationship I have with my best friend and I look at friendships have with other friends and they all pale not because of desire on my part but we don't know what it looks like.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive