Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I get it!


I think it is funny how there are points where I see what God has been trying to teach me for a while. I tend to wonder why I did not see it before in those blind times inbetween the signposts but never the less I think I finally get it...what God is doing.

God is being God bringing a new humble leadership to the church creating oversight under His leadership alone.

1. I see it in Mar's Hill who are to in the words of Mark Driscoll" approach this new season on their knees." .

2. A worship Band I respect greatly writing this.

We couldn't be more exited about our new release coming November 6 called Everyone Overcome. As many of you know, we've been through quite a year and we're exited, humbled, and grateful to say that we are weaker than ever. thats right...weaker. the brokenness that came our way this year was the place where God could mess with us exactly how He wanted to. so we made a commitment...we never want to be strong again. when we are weak...we are strong. so really...we're stronger than ever. i think you'll hear it on this record. and when i say we...i mean the thousands of young people that showed up to sing. the thousands of young people who each have a story... a testimony that will bring darkness down. a generation of overcomers!

3. The salvation of a guy I met Saturday who accpeted Christ on Sunday. Hearing about God literally pursuing his heart and the many people that helped lay the road that led him to such a point. God is so incredibly good!

4. A dear friend who has taught me about the friendship God brings and how in humility stripping ourselves of any armour we may have can move each of us to a place where God can move in incredible ways.

5. A campus ministry who was scattered this year in order that God may oversee it and its victory be found in His moving and going before alone.

6. A deaf girl who has heard a little better each day ! Who in humbleness would only be able to proceed forward through this long restoring process leaning on God alone.

7. A church plagued with discouragment and a man who can somehow encourage it realizing it is not he but God who does such things.

!!!It's not me! It's God alone! A hope who will never dissapoint!

To His glory,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive