Thursday, November 29, 2007

Where I left off


It has been a while. Almost two weeks since these hands have touched this keyboard.Two weeks since my eyes seen this page I come to when I write such things. Seasons are changing and the world appears to be paceing in its perfect circles awaiting what the new day will bring. Final projects are done. Finals are just beginning. Christmas is coming, advent is here. And in it all God is God the eternal ever the same unalterable steadfast unwavering beautiful trinity in perfection.

And when I title such a thing and say "where I left off" I mean that as much as many men will try and undertake describing God as I often do with creative phrases and extensive metaphors...they still do not even reach into the depth of what God is like.

And isn't that what this is. A summary of continuing things: of a God who is was and will be as Hebrews declares?

And I think such a thing a knowledge of such things would strike a writer speechless and quite in awe because His words are living. I feel I should continue but what to say when my metaphors and words are certainly pale.

And that is what I am coming to more and more each day is that anything is because God has chose it so. Nothing is of myself everything is from him through him and to him as Romans declares in the last chapter.

There is an awe that comes with humility and a correct context.

I was having a conversation with my best friend who has just began to experience what happens when God shatters the glass box we cage Him in. The awe in his eyes. The new that is springing up because of such a gaze fixed on One thing: on God.

The very God who outshines the Sun
Who has Shattered my flesh into a million crosses
To where new life begins

The One, God in this very room
Whose breath began the universe
The very air I breathe

The very God who outshines the Sun
Who has Shattered my flesh into a million crosses
To where new life begins

The one, God in this very room
Who made the universe by mere words
The God who holds it in the palm of his hand
The very God who touched me

The very God who outshines the Sun
Who has Shattered my flesh into a million crosses
To where new life begins

Our God
The indescribable God
The One


To His Glory,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive