Thursday, January 10, 2008

I love soup

This quarter is going to be challenging. In a more defined word it is different from the level of expected difference.

The classes I am taking seem to be very ambitous in their undertakings. My english class is analyzing almost every single issue whether societal or cultural pertaining to America. Each person in my design studio is entering into a competition for a downtown Seattle mixed used residential eight story building using innovative steel technology and will be visiting the city sometime in mid febuary. In another we are looking at lighting design, Heating and cooling systems, infrastructure etc. The other designing light frame (wood) buildings and sizing all the beams specifically as they should be to minimize construction costs. Ten weeks...yup! Jesus help me!

The funny thing though, this is what I love to do. I have been dying to design something in a dense urban context sense I began design school and finally have the chance to. I've been learning about culture and how to change America through it for about 9 months or so and finally get to deal with the issue head on in my english class. I finally get to know how big a beam should be so I can give more options to the design itself. I finally get to learn about lighting and how to create moods etc. and how to provide for massive building projects and all that goes into the maintenence of a building. Ambitious...a tad.

Also we get to have a design class blog...how sweet is that!

I will say again this quarter is going to be challenging...but good for sure. Today I have been at it for about 13 hrs and it is only the first week!

To His glory alone!
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive