Saturday, January 05, 2008

A powerful Gospel

It hit me suddenly tonight: the gospel changes people. I've known this for a long while now but for some reason tonight it struck me anew. When it finally makes the journey from the head to the heart it does something remarkable it transforms piece by piece into eternity.

I was watching SNL tonight and I look at how I can't laugh at hardly any of the humor anymore.

Perhaps it is an understanding of the Spirit's grief and an understanding of truth that I have come more and more to. I don't know? All I know is I can longer laugh as I once did at the things I once did.

The gospel has changed me.

I have been taking a sabbath rest in SLO since the 30th of December or so and have had quite a bit of time alone here to spend time in prayer and planning etc: to reflect on my life this past quarter and to a surprising amount the college years so far.

The gospel has changed me.

I think I realized a few nights ago just how much so.

I feel in a lot of ways that I don't know who I am anymore. It is rather strange.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a powerful Gospel the only true catalast of hope I see.

To His Glory alone,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive