Monday, January 15, 2007

We forget because we do not take the time to look

Elise and I ended up taking most of yesterday off and decided to go exploring around this beautiful area surrounding San Luis Obispo, CA. We were headed up 40 miles north anyway to do some errands so mine as well take the scenic route. I was reminded of one thing while in the midst of God's vast expanse on our drive and our three mile walk. One we forget oftentimes, infact a lot of the times, because we simply do not take the time to look. I go to school in one of the most beautiful areas of the world and I do not take the time to in a sense smell the roses every once in a while, what a shame.

In my own life I am reminded that God has had to instill and reteach lessons time and time again. I am reminded that all though in a sense I keep my thoughts recorded more than most I do not go back and see the profoundnity of these lessons learned in past times. If we cannot take the time to remember what God has taught us and make it speak as profound we will most certainly lose it.

I was reminded two nights ago when I was talking to my friend Andrew about how life was going how amazing simply stating what God has done is. I stated all that God has done over the course of this school year. What a wonderful thing it was to go back and remember such things. God is so good, so faithful.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive