Thursday, July 12, 2007

Desert of the Night ( hidden in the depths of night)




Eternity since I last penned a word
that would rage a world and bring the sword

Eternity since you last spoke a word
slashed this heart that it might sing in it's fullest tune
to raise a thousand voices to toll the bell of noon

Eternity since i had the strength to move this pen
It's hard to move in the breaking of fullest light
but you chose me to tarry through this desert of the night

Be it fear or lack of
crippling or the heart renching
noon-day or darkest night
...I know I am not alone

Every breath whispers, this breath in the coldest night
billows but reveals something behind itself, deeper
Eternity reveals the heart of someone behind the light

Echoes of a deeper treasure hidden in the depths of night
my only map, His light

Sand beneath my feet, shifting ever changing
Wind that brings the breeze
Journey ever longer ever deeper,
Moon in fullest view,brought to my knees
stars singing, ever proclaiming

Echoes of a deeper treasure hidden in the depths of night
...faith built no longer on sight


1 comment:

Elise said...

Praise be to the God who answers prayer in the still of the night...how beautiful your heart is. He will never leave nor forsake you, my love. Always know that.

Blog Archive