Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Story Begins

While I was back in Colorado I awoke Saturday the 30th of June to a text message from my roomates telling me that the hills in front of our house were on fire.

To be honest I got a little excited.

I knew God had answered prayer in the ways He does and begun a new story in the book of my life with that fire.

For those of you who arn't regulars to this page you should know that those hills are the place I commune with the almighty. Every time I go up there God meets me with the extraordinary.

I have been back in California for what is approaching two weeks now. I have stared at those hills out my windows every day and everytime I do I am reminded of the law given to Moses on Mt. Sanai. How God descended upon the mountain and burned the top. I have longed so desperately to go up there for these past two weeks to meet with my God my All Consuming Fire.

This morning came. I awoke...7am. I felt God calling me to those hills. Equipped with my bible. journal. water. mp3 player and warm clothes I ventured into the hills where the fire was.



I sat down. I saw what God had allowed to happen to these hills. Curiosity got me up kept me going through the fog and the burnt forest.

The fog began to break as I ventured along the top of the ridge. Revealing the mountaintops waking to meet the morning. It was simply breathtaking.

I sat down opened my bible to Isaiah 42. I kept reading, kept hearing the ever silent whisper of God.

"I will lay waste the mounatains and hills and will wither all their vegetation...I will lead the blind by a path they do not know in paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them and rugged places into planes. These are the things I will do and I will not leave them undone"

I kept reading...

do not fear for I am with you"

I kept reading...

"Do not tremble and do not be afraid; have I not long since announced it to you and declared it?"

..."for I will pour out water on a thirsty land and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my spirit..."

...God is going to do something wonderful and the fire it was merely the begining.

JG


No comments:

Blog Archive