Friday, July 27, 2007

Layers Of






















Every layer of truth
Every weapon given to me
Every desire
Every carefully chosen word
Everything broken. peeled away and gave for You to see

Jesus, hear the heartbeat of Your child. your son
Split before this dire need
Fury filled, silently swept away
Wholly overwhelmed by the story

Every thing I seek
Every move breaking the stillness
Every action chosen in specificity
Every secret
Everything broken. peeled away and gave for You to see

The callouses on my hands and heart
Remenants of the broken self
Humility developed in this man
Truth now becomes deeper
No longer footsteps just by sight

Every bit of glass
Every remanants of daggers
Every gift that cannot be denied
Every wound left unhealed
Everything, no more mediocrity

I could wrestle with my God.
Veins in the hands of this man
Till dawn begins breaking
Face to face in glorious morning
This move breaking the stillness
This action chosen in specificity

The callouses on my hands and heart
Remenants of the broken self
The layers of my truth…
The layers of His Truth…

No comments:

Blog Archive