Friday, March 30, 2007

Da Hood



How do you begin to attempt to summarize God's moving in a particular area? How do you accuratley say all that God is doing without a thousand words? And how do you put God into a finite box when He doesn't fit into one?

YOU CAN'T DO IT, it is impossible without showing people God himself, the very face .

I long so desperatley tonight to ,as with my life, give God glory, to try and recount a remarkable work of God in the city of Compton, to show people who God is. I know most certainly though, that I will fail to give God the Glory He more than certainly deserves. I will most certainly fail to show people who my God is because He is huge. I imagine that although this may do God a grave injustice, my words do not define my God He defines Himself. I choose to write because I will still minister to some, because I know this heart burns to recount and worship through my rags that I offer my King. I am truly nothing in comparision to my God, to my sweet Jesus. Nothing in comparision to the Spirit that moves through me.

So as normal I will write...INCOMPLETE and UNPERFECT.

I got the blessing to go down to Compton, CA this spring break...to dance with broken and hurting children, experience unbelievable true fellowship, have misconceptions shattered, plant seeds,encourage others, ball it up, walk dangerous streets, fall more and more in love with Jesus, eat great mexican food, learn about culture, do behind the scenes ministry, and show an unloved people love. I count every moment an incredible experience.

I sit tonight at this computer and have very little or nothing to say about this week or in general because I have found myself in perfect peace and in perfect love with the one that made me. I am in love one might say. Nothing matters but Jesus and I.

But I remember tonight that we are called to many things in the christian faith and I am called to write... so I will turn this love into writing...

This week was incredible...

I remember this week being amazed at the people God blessed this trip with, and I caught a glimpse that I have not had for a long while into the very face of God. I saw sparks in peoples eyes being kindled and becoming raging fires.

I remember this week being astounded by the faith of woman who were mightly bold and strong in the Lord whose prayers are protecting and changing a city.

I remember this week being caught up in the rhythm of the divine dancing with broken and hurting children, seeing glimpses of heaven.

I remember this week truth being proclaimed in every form and fashion within the body of believers. Walls being torn down. Hearts being softened by God's very touch.What God wanted in community from the begining.

I remember this week and I will not forget that the God of Compton reigns. What we percieve from afar is not what we see when we take a deeper look.There is a greater need for our hearts to be as God would have and fashion us.The 95%

I remember this week the 5%.

I remember this week that God can completly make what is old new.That much bigger things are in store for those who love and believe. That I serve a God that is God of ALL.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive