Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Miracles vs drugs

I wonder if when God tries to work he doesn't choose just one means. The thought recently came across my head...what if we bicker about stupid things as christians? What if we aren't getting to the real root of the problem? What if we are asking the wrong questions? Focusing on the wrong things as believers?

I was listening to a conversation between my mom a pharmasisct and her sister and how they both believe drugs are the means to getting better not miracles. A strange thing happened that got me thinking though my awesome friend during that conversation texted me telling me he passed up the oppurtunity to heal someone, telling me of his lack of faith. God has blessed such things in this mans life in the past. I was left to wonder why the doubt now?

Many christians believe God to be three part trinitarian by nature, what we dont' realize oftentimes is that God was perfectly happy within himself( 3 parts). He decided to create man in His image because He delighted so much in himself and wanted to share that delight and that realtionship with us.

GOD DOESN'T NEED US. YET HE DESIRES US EARNESTLY. HE DOESN"T NEED TO USE CERTAIN MEANS TO GET US TO SLAVATION. HE USES MIRACLES AND DRUGS DONKEYS AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER RANDOM THINGS TO GET PEOPLES ATTENTION. WHEN WE LIMIT GOD IN HIS MOVING AND DISCOUNT ALL OTHER SIDES OF THINGS WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHO GOD IS, THE ONE WHO SIMPLY DESIRES RELATIONSHIP WITH US.

I think in the christian world( liberal or conservative) we are so plagued by certain connotations words carry. We associate miracles speaking in tongues laying of hands as bad being associated with the those 'crazy' pentecostals.

The doubt of my friend is there because we do not look at who God is and we have everybody thinking their way is the only way when they haven't really considered God's view on the matter and that other pespective. I know some people are stupid and have no real anything to offer. God can still use them He spoke through an ass swallowed a man in a whale had a teenage girl get knocked up by the holy spirit and birth His Son. God doesn't need to things any specific way don't limit His means.

Today I heard a lot of judgment and hate passed on non believes and their sin. This happens everytime I am home it is the cultue that I enter each time I find myself here. To those in colroado passing judgment read 1 corinthians 5 and see what Paul has to say about judging the non believer! We are not allowed to do anything but love them! We need to focus on what GOD says not what we want to say...everything else will flow from there.

We do not live in a world where we have not been influenced by it. Each one of us is stained with a certain legacy that those before us have forged and we forget that those around us shape us. The saying is most certainly true like father like son. I look at great men of God and see their sons and I understand that if I am ever to leave a true legacy of greatness within my future sons it will be through looking to God the perfect father. I do that by learning who God is through his love letter written to me. By continuing the conversation in prayer and learning from those who are made in the image and likeness of my God.

Look to God alone and make Him your most sought after love. He loves you and desires you with a fiery passion.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive