Sunday, June 03, 2007

Prelude to the Grandeur


It seems like it has been an eternity since I last wrote. These keys I type are cold. This room I write in hushed by what seems an eternity of stillness. It would appear with such breadth of distance between the past writ and the writing to come...thoughts would refuse to echo off the blank walls.Perhaps though with the motion of these keys a once still place may once again begin to reverberate in this chorus of praise .

My heart is amazed by how God always ends the school year with a grand finally.

I was reading my bible this morning, something I haven't had the time to do amidst all the crazines that is utilities.housing.finals.final projects.packing.new furniture. girlfriends. friends. meetings. bibles studies.roomates.eating.sleeping.rent.summer jobs. grocey shopping.arch supply shopping.9 month anniversaries. phone calls.lunch dates.email. Late nights etc. I was not struck by the words this morning but merely the thought of how good it is to simply be still. As the pslams declare "be still and know." To enjoy the stillness for a moment.

I was thinking this week if like each year I wanted to record another album of the music I had written this year. I still have not made up my mind on that but I did decide if I were to do it I would call the album" Prelude to the Grandeur."

I believe this: that God truly wants to blow us away. What I have seen this year is a beautiful prelude but it is not at all the composing genius that is God. He has much better things in store. What He's done this year is incredible I do not discount that...BUT...He has much more in store.I am confidently assured.

I got to witness one of the most beautiful things this week...a heart gently broken and tears of joy fall without hesitation as the heavens and the floodgates of a man's heart were opened. I saw the love of a father in the reflection of the most beautiful tears. Tears of joy.

I saw God's love in those tears and I was taken a back because it was so much that my heart became a fire within. These keys burn my hands recounting such a thing. And to be taken a back by this God and see the heart of a Father reflected...that is something truly wonderful.I know this much...we are in the midst of a prelude to something much grandeur.

God is truly Good. And He loves us so dearly!
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive