Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bittersweet & Fullness of Joy



These implications of what I have done
They weigh heavily on my mind
In ceaseless wonder and preoccupation
Unable to cling to anything but God

I have thrown aside all pride
In hopes of finding Christ
Dying to myself
I have begun to sing a new song

This is a song of hope
This is a song of peace
This is a song of contentment
A song of bittersweet

Honesty, integrity, calling, and battle raging
This is my song

Only time can tell the outcome of these implications
Only God can be the one to whom I cling
A song of bittersweet



Fullness of Joy

Thou wilt show me the path of life:in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand are pleasures forevermore.
-psalm 16:11

There is a place that I long to go, where there is no longer pain
There is no longer hurt, how I long to be where you are
This life only and echo of what is to come, I want the source
I want to run in your fields, in the fullness of joy

There is a place I have had a desire to go for sometime
A place of fellowship so much deeper, the place you are
These victories only and echo of what is to come, I want the source
I want to sing, unhindered, in the fullness of joy

Singing a new song, a song of peace and joy
A song of elloquent melody and love evermore
Of revival, of obedience and songs of past we sing no more

There is a journey I long to take, where we don’t have to live with baggage
A walk where we walk side by side, the friend you are
This trip we take, and echo of what is to come, I want the source
I want to run, with courage alone toward the fullness of joy

There is a destination I long to see, where the tough choices are gone
There is no longer hurt, how I long to be where you are
Only and echo, this life I live, of what is to come, I want the source
I want to be, with you alone, in the fullness of joy

JG

1 comment:

Elise said...

John,
God speaks beautifully through these words...keep writing.
Elise

Blog Archive