Saturday, May 06, 2006

For those Who are Willing To Battle


I have oftentimes heard the analogy that we are in a war. Whether we choose to recognize it or not we are in a spiritual war . I have understand fully for quite a while that the christian life is a hard one. Most difficult for our bodies to handle in a day such as ours.
I am also going to throw out the idea that those who don't see that they have a battle between good and bad raging within them will never understand anything truly signifigant because that is the first step to anything spiritual.
Continuing on oftentimes when a christian witnesses about his faith the first step is the whole idea that we are all sinners but I think oftentimes we forget what knowledge has come before because it has always been there. It is like a new word with a belief that people know what it means, you have known the meaning, but we forget sometimes people don't know that word. Like that I think we as christians forget that the first step in accepting christ is not realizing we are a sinner but realizing that we are in a battle. There is a constant battle going on inside of me not for my soul anymore but rather for my witness. We must realize that we are in a battle and begin to fight.
It is interesting to look around and as tears flow oftentimes for the lost here realizing that oftentimes I am not willing to go to battle. This ties into another blog I will get around to writing later about motivation and such things as why I am willing to let the spirit move and not really put any work into it except my heart condition. In summary that blog will be about how the chief concern of christians be worship getting the heart in the right place this will intern lead naturally to the other stuff a christian should be doing. Of anything I have learned this quarter it is to not force anything. I think it is interesting to note that before Paul went into ministering he communed with God for quite a long while wandering in the desert by himself to get his heart in the right place. The fruit came naturally out of that. Anyways though I am not always willing to go to battle for my Lord the issue is with my heart but it still bothers me that for the God who gave all of himself to me, his very own spirit, I am unwilling in some cases to honor him in the small favors he asks me to do.
I woke up thinking I was a half an hour late to class this morning so I rushed there only to find I was a half an hour early, I choose to believe God gave me that extra hour in there to show me something. I was people watching without music this morning, and one thing I observed is those people who had someone to walk with were people were talking about genuinly meaningful stuff that is going on in their lives not the surface stuff they were willing to go to battle together. If we are not going to battle with out friends are we really in the war. Are we complacent with the firendships we have and how deep they are? We must take those to a deeper level!!! And that is no easy task, just as the christian life is. Personally I am resting currently on how deep I have gone before but I need to find the deepness that exists beyond that, that is my new challenge along with a few other things.
For those who are willing to go to battle there is a hard life ahead of them, but a life full of peace and joy. Like I said in my last blog go out and do the next thing God tells you to do he will bless you because of what you have done. We need to be Christians that hear the Lord's faint voice in our decadent age and act on it. We cannot live in our old ways we must battle and pursue our heart condition and get it right, taking whatever steps that may need to be taken. We need to be a people who are no longer lukewarm, I want to be a burning hot heart!!! Do you?
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive