Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Reflection of Something much Grander



I got the oppurtunity to walk along the beach for a while or so this morning and I couldn't help look at the waves and realize that the beautiful areas where two waves meet are only a reflection of something much grander going on. I guess that is what I love about the ocean so much every little piece of it is beautiful, and there is so much beauty there. All we can do to take it in is worship God for being something like that ocean, being beautiful in every area you look at him at and every glimpse we see being a reflection of who God is, a piece of the much bigger picture.
I also realized something awesome today, when you see a bird flying by the ocean there is something I think we often missed before. There is a shadow, a reflection, and the actual bird. God showed me through this that I often times missed the shadow part of the bird. Forgetting something in the whole picture, I forget and did not realize what was in front of me. We as christians must see and hear God's faintest call. He demands that of us. We must pursue holiness steadfastly, or nothing we pray for will happen. God honors people that honor him. He worked through Elijah because Elijah listened and acted.
Again as I have said in two previous blogs go do what God asks you to do, pursue holiness and act in accordance with that. Worship God because God is God not because he is going to do great things. We must pursue holiness and change our ways.

I rest secure in something I cannot see
in the passing of time
in God, in this mystery

A reflecction of something much grander
those things I see
the bird, the reflection, the shadow unseen

You are moving all around
the coincidence, no longer chance
you are beautiful,my King

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive