Thursday, May 04, 2006

There Fell upon that place peace


























There was a place, lying in God's hands
a place that decided to pursure God
A place destined for great things

There was a people, lying in God's hand
a people that would not be led astray
a people so in God's presence it came forth

There was a passion, lying within our hearts
a passion to know understand and love our creator
a passion to run with a fervency never seen

This is a place I call home
A place where God is moving
A place where hearts are renewed
A place of purpose
A place of passion
A place, this Place.

And there fell upon that place...peace

I haven't stayed up in quite a while denying my body what it needs for quite a while. I think I may stay up most of the night...I sat down tonight at 2AM and worshipped God on the piano for a while or so. I miss so much being able to do that...just pour out my heart to my God in a quiet place and a place where no one has to see me.
I was singing while playing the song I wrote above and God revealed something to me in that place. He showed me that what a blessed place it is to be when we have done what God has called us to do. There have been three songs written in the past 24 hours and oh what a blessed place it is to have inspiration once again. For those of you who don't know I was having a bit of a writers block on the whole song department and it was hard to not have a method to express myself. That was rough but because of that great darkness as I like to call it I am able to enjoy these times of peace even more.
I don't know exactly how to describe how I feel tonight because I am filled with a warmth I have not felt in a long while and it is so good!!! I guess I could say and encourage you to go out and do the next thing God tells you to do and God will begin to fill you more with His spirit.
I am stoked to see what God is going to do with the remainder of this year. All I know is that I can look on how we as a christian community were in the beginning and say WOW!!! God has done a great work! I am not afraid of the fact we will be leaving in 5-6 weeks and going to our various spots because I know as God has done incredibly this year he is going to continue the great work he has started at CalPoly he is going to minister to us at where we are and unify us although so far way. We wait on His timing as a body of believers and anticipate what is to come. I wait to see. The passing of time will tell of God's faithfullness and we will see his promises never fail us!!!
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive