Friday, August 25, 2006

the Attributes... Radiance



There was a man who smiled like the sunrise
His face I can’t forget
His love displayed was unlike any other
He humbly dressed just like a vagabond with
Discourse like a King
And when he talked the angels stopped to listen

Hosanna
Filio David
Hosanna
In Altisimis

(Hosanna, Son of David, Hosanna in the Highest)

He often spoke about a Kingdom coming
His words I can’t forget
Where all who come may rest beneath His mercy
Where royalty is flowing through the veins of
Every citizen
And every soul is treasured like a promise

Hosanna
Filio David
Hosanna
In Altisimis
-Jason Morant

Much like this a song I want these words to be read slowly and the reader to be at peace! Taking in each word, and giving time inbetween for them to flow one by one into unceasing praise, and glory be given to the Father, Son, and Spirit! these our my requests for continuance in reading...

I have the chance to be alone tonight, to sit in a quiet house and simply gather my thoughts in a comfy chair, with wonderful music playing in the backround, with a coffee cup by my side and the dogs panting and lounging with the rain pattering outside my window much like every Friday so far this summer.

It is so wonderful to realize tonight that God delights in His people. He delights in me! To simply sit still long enough to delight in HIm to worship Him, WOW! To know fully that history has shown the people who know they are loved become powerful people...and they are used incredibly undeserving all the time.

Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory! -rev 19:6b

I sit right now amazed at the continuance and fluidity of all God is doing and the fact that when I sat down last night to talk to Elise I knew God was going to deal with the desires He has placed within me. Being made in the very image of God I find there are same desires placed inside of me as eerily similar as it can get to the very Trinity! He has placed within me, desires, incredible emotions that He has placed in every human.

And to simple take the time to look at the provision He has given! A desire to be loved completely which has been fully satisfied by Him. A desire to give myself to something whole heartedly which He has given me the choice and ability to give my all. A desire to look good which will be fulfilled, "For the wedding of the lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean was given her to wear.( fine linen which stands for the righteous acts of the saints)Rev 19:7-8 " in glorious radiance! A desire to be greater than all before me, which he has given me the path!"...Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servent , and whoever wants to be first must be your slave-just as the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many(Matt 20:26-28). Hosanna hallelujah!

I believe after much consideration, I have come to a few questions about our desires... How often do we literally crucify desires when perhaps God just wants to shape our heart through the struggle in the process of getting that desire realigned with the will of Heaven!? How often do we simply let the knowledge of the full satisfaction we know in Christ move through us, letting that very thing change our desires!? We should know that any desire that does not center around the character of God is wrong and doesn't necesarily need to be crucified but rather it should be transformed as only the Holy Spirit can do! We never should take the easy way out! We should always pursue the blessed Trinity's character and let our eyes, fixed on something eternal, move to that very mindset of being focused on the everlasting. We should focus on the treasures of heaven! Letting radient white linen be our robe. Sittting at the very right hand of Jesus should be our goal. Never be too easily satisfied! CS LEWIS said "the problem with Christians is that we are too easily satisfied!" We should never settle for second best! We should never settle for anything less than righteousness that shines with a radiance unseen before!!!We should live with desires fully on fire, more than anyone on the planet and let that transform the world, our passion!!!!!!!

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive