Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A different kind of passion and apathy

I was sitting on the ground of the christian book store wondering a simple question "how many of these books are really going to be relevant beyond the next few passing years? " The answer is probably none. Maybe a few but it still remains none of these books that people go to for help and advice are going to be good enough they always leave you wanting more, they need only point toward the holy scriptures and there a man will find his fill and satisfaction. That is nothing really new for me to realize in life but another intersting thought popped into my head while I was sitting there. Jesus didn't care about certain things like money, time, food etc. everything to him was eternal unlike these books.If he was going to do something it would ripple in eternity, it would last. This apathy towards the temporary was one of the driving forces in His life. And I was wondering after this epiphany of sorts perhaps if instead of a balance of apathy and passion, I needed a differentviewpoint on who I am and who He is, in order to draw me closer to Jesus in my character, His holiness shining in me. His apathy was toward anything passing, my apathy has always been toward the eternal, uh, wow that needs some reworking in my life. My passion like my apathetic side has not been focused in the way Jesus focused passion. The only real passion we see in Jesus is a passion for holiness. I am passionate about maintaing my perfect image not the actual issue. Who cares about perception, who we are on the inside is the only thing that really matters in regard to that subject.

No comments:

Blog Archive