Monday, August 28, 2006

A commonly coined phrase

So I would have to say that my thoughts as of late have been scattered, much like diffused light. So I will say this evening as I write that you shouldn't expect anything from these scattered thoughts these are for me. But I will post them because God has a way of working and speaking through the chaos and that is awesome but it boggles my mind everytime. So if the words I am about to write make any sense thank the spirit not I!
This summer has been a blessing, but very difficult. With the prospect that I only have 8 more days of work, Elise has returned home and I am experiencing the blessing that was given to me in SLO,and my sister and all my fellowship here is gone and off to college prettymuch I find myself very lonely. I find myself longing for the future in so many ways! I find myself lately being incredibly lazy in a funk and rather honestly tired. But as always I should rejoice, taking time to honestly sit back and enjoy it, in the present. Infact I was thinking on the way home in this reworked heart that I find within asking "why wouldn't I rejoice in the present?" I came up with some strange theological concept about us only being half flesh and half spirit. Thinking about the whole fact that knowing what God has planned somewhat for me, I should rejoice in the fact that this is going to be the easy part! I should be taking the time to rejoice in the easy. I know that doesn't explain the theological concept at all but understand I am just trying to gain perspective not sit here and come up with concepts that may or not be true. The bible is the only thing honestly we should take a lot of deep thought and time to understand!

Like most nights I am sitting here, alone with the silence of my thoughts, a pretty scary thing! The thing is though that this week has been different because my parents have been out, I have been watching my neighbors dogs and house and honestly been able to just do whatever I want to, and I see the first light of the core that has been developed in me shining through and it is cool. But I understand that I have so much more covering to rip off that wonderful light!

Over the past week I have gotten the oppurtunity to blare music, sit in silence, dance uncontrolably, record on the grand, and honestly be free in Jesus Christ, I feel so often times although I live in a christian world to a sense here in CO I am chained! That is precisely why I go to the Springs every Fri, so I can be crazy, jump up and down and show how I really feel about this guy named Jesus! It is pretty awesome!

Also in regards to scripture, my biblical scholar side is coming out once again, I'm glad I've been missing him! I have been dwelving into the hebrew language in all of its subtlties! It is also reallly awesome. Reasearching books that weren't included in the canon, reading through the dead sea scrolls commentaries from the 1st century AD on Isaiah and on the creation. Fascinating works! I still regard the bible as number 1 but because of my world view I don't believe the knowledge of Jesus Christ is limited to just those books that were included in the common era bible !

On one other note I think I am going to try and get some of my character back into my writing by asking a rediculouus question or by adding some really lame quote at the end of this blog every time I post!

2QOTD
"The VP, he look like Ralph, he good looking man, even better than Ralph!"
-Polo sales associate talking about the vice president of Polo Ralph Lauren that visited today...

"You know John it's not Jesus Christ who is the most commonly understood thing in the world, not the bible...it's Coca Cola"
-My friend jonathan


JG

1 comment:

Colin said...

oh yes I love those quotes. hehe. oh and yah we need to talk again.

Blog Archive