Tuesday, December 19, 2006

As the Story goes...only beginning

One thing I love about life is that as you grow older and a little wiser with each passing year you come to the realization that this present is only the beginning. I think back on the year I have had and all the events that have happened within it and I know that as I continually choose to make Jesus Christ the center or my life that each year holds some amazing and wonderful things. I want to in a sense pause and take some time to remember things that happened of note within the year 2006...I'm going to limit myself to as many as I can think of tonight and then take the next days, weeks, or month or so to look at ones of, what I feel and the Spirit leads me to, importance and focus on them a little bit more, giving glory to God for how truly awesome He is and forever will be.

1. Came out of singleness into a beautiful relationship!
-Elise and I are dating and I smile every time I think of this relationship because it reeks of God's control and sovereignty.
2. Found a level of honesty that was deeper and more beautiful than all other forms of it I had seen.
- I got the chance to tell Dusty, Elise, Chase, Evan, and Colin my entire testimony, how beautiful God is in orchestrating it all to a divine purpose.
3. Got daily accountability and an understanding of its purpose within the Christian walk.
- Chase and I got to know each other as 2 talked about but found the importance of friendship and accountability.
4. Began to understand the importance of Jesus' wonderful name.
-For those of you who don't know Jesus Christ is the center of everything, there is power in His name.
5. Began to understand the importance of the Holy Spirit.
-Last winter break and second quarter I studied the Holy Spirit and all that He entails does, and wishes us to do. I found one thing...He is very grieved and very neglected.
6. Began to understand the fear of the Father.
- God the father is surrounded in as much mystery as the other aspects of the trinity I forgot about Him as well and neglected that he is angry and requires holiness from his people.
7. Found an appreciation for my family and a love for them that continues to grow.
-Funny how you don't know what you have till you lose it. Being away from the family gave me a greater understanding of how great and wonderful they truly are.
8. Found how to strike a new balance and deal with change with each season of life.
-For those Christians who don't know life is made up of seasons: good, bad, and incredibly ugly. A new balance must be struck with each one. I found learning this important fact and how to in a sense strike a balance for the things God grants me surrounding circumstance.
9. Found the necessity for prayer, bible reading and fellowship in the Christian body.
-As mentioned above all things must be kept in balance and fit into the season. So it is with 9. We must not neglect a part of this beautiful Trinitarian relationship
10. Redefined my definition of missions!
- Missions isn't simply for overseas, my greatest mission field is my everyday acquaintance!
11. Redefined my definition of friendship.
-Friendships change and that sucks, but God is the only "true" friend and He is all we need. There is a lot to talk about this one...moving on.
12. Redefined my definition of myself and who God made me to be: the work I have the joy to do!
- I forgot who I was because I was making sure I did what I didn't do in high school. I neglected God's viewpoint of who I am...a silly thing.
13. Became much more "liberal"
- Honestly for once in my life I would not be considered conservative, when I am 21 I am going to drink beer. When I am married I am going to enjoy sex. If I had a desire to smoke I would. I am no longer being who other people want me to be...I am being who Jesus wants me to be.
14. Found myself only righteous and worthy because of Jesus Christ's work on the cross.
- I suck let's face it. Jesus is AMAZING. Anything I do is worthless rags; good thing Jesus is AWESOME too!
15. Learned to be okay with silence.
- So I like filling the empty void of silence...honestly not anymore. I am tired of all that I was "supposed to say" and am instead learning to enjoy what God gave and fully embrace the season of silence God has given to me.

I imagine all this is only the beginning of what God is teaching. I imagine He is laying a foundation for future things. I look forward when Kingdom come and I can look back on it all and see how beautiful the big picture is, was, and forever will be...Our God, Jesus Christ, is so frickin sweet.

No comments:

Blog Archive