Thursday, December 28, 2006

To understand "Father"

So the snow is falling once again. Two blizzards happening in a sense one after the other is a little bit odd. I would say that defies coincidence and obviously in the way that God has to slap me in the face with circumstance, these blizzards are very purposeful.The question obviously is why? But I have stopped asking questions of God because He has stopped answering because it is time to let Him question me. My flesh hates it but it is born of necessity.

Before the snow started falling hardcore this morning I got the chance to get out on my own for the first time since the first blizzard happened and get some errands done. I was thinking what exactley God did with this year and I was like woah that is pretty gnarly.he has given me an understanding of "Spirit" God in its place this year and then also given me an understaning of Jesus in His "right"ful place. I imagine there is far more to understand about the trinity but the one aspect that continues to baffle my comprehension is "Father God." Granted I don't think we can understand Him in His fullness because granted He is Father God, and no one has seen Him in His fullness while still in their flesh. Honestly, though, I would love to understand "Father" God. I know in order to I need to be blameless before Him which I am through Jesus, but I need to be without blame and sin before I approach Him I must declare a choice and keep that decision forever in my heart. That is going to take some work.

I was also thinking this morning that My belief in Jesus as who He is portrayed by the bible is unmoveable now, there is no doubt in my mind He was who He said He was and is who He says He is still. That is fact in my mind. That part is so solid now, and that is honestly very strange to have that aspect of my mind unmoveable. I don't know what made it so solid, it baffles me. It appears God has given me a lot of uninterrupted thought without questions and time to devote myself to sanctification wholly and that is such a wonderful thing.

Oh lord that I might understand the fullness of who You are. That through Your questions I might approach You, as who I am in You, declaring a choice to be blameless in Your eyes, not of my own accord but through Jesus: gift to me of the spirit that dwells within me. I would rather have You than anything else, I declare my choice, and shout fullest praise to You. Pierce this heart that Your nails might only take one blow to saturate. Be still my heart and be kindled and burn. May this snow melt in Your time, that ripples might take place in the water that is to come. Through You Jesus.-Amen

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive