Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Glass Metaphor

It seems God has blessed me with forty minutes or so. I feel as the Spirit leads this should be enough time to reveal matters of God's teaching in my own life.

God has been encouraging me with the metaphor of a glass. The glass represents our life.

We fill this glass of our life with many things. But God wants to have all the contents of this glass. He is a very jealous God.

God has been teaching me about idols. I heard a story from one of my brothers in Jesus about going to India and he asked a native believer "have you gone to america" she replied" yes." He asked her " would you go back" she replied" no, I could not stand the idolatry" I think we don't see the idols in our culture. I am not going to list any because if you were to honeslty look and care you would see.

I am not God. I have not been given a gift of pastorship annointed by the holy spirit. Until that point I will encourage you to go to God, to see Jesus as who he was, and is currently. I will stop trying to play God and get rid of all pride I have and boast in nothing more than the very cross that saved this wretched sinner.

Until we are ready to be fully emptied and give God every molecule and ounce of our glass of life He will not accept it. As revelation 3:15 says "because you are lukewarm I will spit you out of my mouth"- Jesus. He wishes we would say yes or no fully.

I do not expect many to say yes fully, I pray there would be more but I do not expect so, I desire so.

Anything that we as a culture place above God and devote more time and energy to is an idol. God wants all.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast.For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

eph 2:8-10

I want to point out verse ten especially because we neglect it in our conversion of "sinners" as christians. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." We are God's workmanship, created upon the time that we accept Jesus Christ into our hearts. God has given to us many good and wonderful things to do, and it is as verse 8 says it is" a gift of God", that no man should boast. The problem I see is that we do not heed the last part" God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." It is a choice to follow Christ day in and day out and it is a choice to be and do good. To be as Jesus was and be holy as He is fully and perfectly.

It our choice to empty the glass fully, the Spirit will help but He will not do all the work because it was before ordained by Him so that we might walk. Me must choose to walk the path ordained before the dawn of time, day in and day out.

According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love
-Eph 1:4

My prayer is that we would make the choice to be fully empty,. It is no walk in the park. It is a walk through a desolate wildereness with no water given until torrential down pour comes when our souls are fully tested and tried, when the Spirit fully baptizes us individually and with no one else present to encourage or help.

The path is uncharted, the destination not so certain. But this is what God has ordained. I choose to walk in the ordained, will you?

-JG

1 comment:

Colin said...

Thank you for the brief chat yesterday. God definitely used it to show me some things.

Blog Archive