Sunday, December 16, 2007

and so it begins...the first flower blooms


Many prophets have wept for what I was blessed to see today :The American Church's first white flower blooming!

This morning I got to worship alongside those at New Life church in Colorado Springs. For those who know not Newlife was the scene of two deaths last Sunday after a gunman attacked the members of the church. God has done much within this church over the past week after the aftermath. But this week only scratched the surface of what God has done within that church.

What I saw this morning while joining with my brothers and sisters was not a church of 10,000 grieving but a Church that has overcome in so many ways. A church of joy unspeakable and unexplainable . A church and a people sold out with their eyes fixed on Jesus alone: A church tested in their faith and risen up through the strength of Christ to meet the challenge. A people BOLD and not afraid to worship with their whole heart in beautiful honesty. A church of men not afraid to shed a tear for God's greatness.A church forging something on God's power alone.

They have overcome, exactley where God desired to lead them.

The church glistened purest white this morning: that is what has come out of all this and the trials before. I saw such a thing this morning and I could not hold back my heart and tears. My words do far injustice to the God who does such things and my combination of letters could contain.

To His uncontainable glory alone,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive